In the rapidly changing and developing world, the need for people who have adapted to¬†change, who are open to development and sharing, and who have improved themselves in the social, professional and personal areas, have revealed the importance of creating a planning and development ¬†centre. Therefore, the¬†Career Centre offers opportunities¬†where knowledge and skills are gathered and¬†shared, and provide students personal, professional and social development.
Purpose of the Centre:
- To ¬†determine the need for qualified manpower¬†according to the work areas,
- Identify¬†new business areas in the market,
- Career¬†planning of individuals or organizations, university students and¬†graduates; help them through career counselling in order to adapt¬†themselves in work-life and settle in jobs that are appropriate to their¬†characteristics,
- To provide¬†training to individuals, organizations, university students or graduates in¬†order to increase their professional competence and follow up the new¬†developments in their fields,
- To provide¬†new education programs to students who want to improve themselves in¬†different fields,
- To provide¬†education to the wider segment with visual, auditory, remote or direct¬†training models,
- To provide¬†information about undergraduate programs which are compatible with the¬†university candidates’ ability in order to increase the preferability of¬†our university,
- To¬†monitor the career development process of university graduates,
- To¬†increase the number of institutions that university students can¬†undertake internships¬†and to ensure that the students establish connections with the institutions they¬†can¬†undertake internship,
- To provide¬†employment at the national and international level to the students and¬†graduates of the European University of Lefke.
- As Career Centre, in addition to the¬†career days, we organize Career Fairs in which approximately 30 companies participate.
Fields of Activity
- Application¬†and preparation of projects, participation in ongoing work and supporting¬†such work in the field of career counselling with private and ¬†governmental institutions and organizations
- To conduct¬†studies in the field of education and employment, to determine student¬†preferences in the university entrance examinations,
- To¬†offer courses, seminars, conferences, congresses, symposiums, training¬†and other activities at national and international level in the field of¬†career counseling,
- To plan¬†and implement studies to increase the career adaptation of the new university¬†students,
- To¬†apply the tests and techniques that may be necessary to recognize the¬†individual characteristics of university students, to interpret the¬†results and help students to build their career steps in this direction,
- To¬†organize career days and career fairs and to ensure the participation of¬†the graduates of the European University of Lefke, who work in various¬†institutions and organizations,
- To help¬†students in order to gain knowledge and experience about overseas¬†education and job/job opportunities,
- To¬†provide career ¬†counselling services¬†to students, staff and families of the European University of Lefke,
- Organize¬†meetings to bring graduates and students together, and help students to¬†learn more about the work-life and career options.
- To ¬†provide contacts and support connections¬†between the institutions/organizations (who are requesting an employee),¬†university students and the graduates.
- Informing¬†and guiding students about domestic and international education¬†opportuntities by organizing scholarship and internship days,
- In¬†order to help job seekers¬†find a job at international and national¬†level, establishing a database which include their CVs in both English¬†and Turkish languages.
- To¬†establish connection and ¬†collaboration with national and¬†international career ¬†centres working¬†on career ¬†counselling.