In the rapidly changing and developing world, the need for people who have adapted to change, who are open to development and sharing, and who have improved themselves in the social, professional and personal areas, have revealed the importance of creating a planning and development centre. Therefore, the Career Centre offers opportunities where knowledge and skills are gathered and shared, and provide students personal, professional and social development.
Purpose of the Centre:
- To determine the need for qualified manpower according to the work areas,
- Identify new business areas in the market,
- Career planning of individuals or organizations, university students and graduates; help them through career counselling in order to adapt themselves in work-life and settle in jobs that are appropriate to their characteristics,
- To provide training to individuals, organizations, university students or graduates in order to increase their professional competence and follow up the new developments in their fields,
- To provide new education programs to students who want to improve themselves in different fields,
- To provide education to the wider segment with visual, auditory, remote or direct training models,
- To provide information about undergraduate programs which are compatible with the university candidates’ ability in order to increase the preferability of our university,
- To monitor the career development process of university graduates,
- To increase the number of institutions that university students can undertake internships and to ensure that the students establish connections with the institutions they can undertake internship,
- To provide employment at the national and international level to the students and graduates of the European University of Lefke.
- As Career Centre, in addition to the career days, we organize Career Fairs in which approximately 30 companies participate.
Fields of Activity
- Application and preparation of projects, participation in ongoing work and supporting such work in the field of career counselling with private and governmental institutions and organizations
- To conduct studies in the field of education and employment, to determine student preferences in the university entrance examinations,
- To offer courses, seminars, conferences, congresses, symposiums, training and other activities at national and international level in the field of career counseling,
- To plan and implement studies to increase the career adaptation of the new university students,
- To apply the tests and techniques that may be necessary to recognize the individual characteristics of university students, to interpret the results and help students to build their career steps in this direction,
- To organize career days and career fairs and to ensure the participation of the graduates of the European University of Lefke, who work in various institutions and organizations,
- To help students in order to gain knowledge and experience about overseas education and job/job opportunities,
- To provide career counselling services to students, staff and families of the European University of Lefke,
- Organize meetings to bring graduates and students together, and help students to learn more about the work-life and career options.
- To provide contacts and support connections between the institutions/organizations (who are requesting an employee), university students and the graduates.
- Informing and guiding students about domestic and international education opportuntities by organizing scholarship and internship days,
- In order to help job seekers find a job at international and national level, establishing a database which include their CVs in both English and Turkish languages.
- To establish connection and collaboration with national and international career centres working on career counselling.