Online Course Platform for EUL Students
A decision has been given to continue the education which has been paused due to the pandemic caused by the COVID-19 virus worldwide as you all may know, by using Microsoft Office 365 platform, in the form of a distance education, until this period is completed and in any case limited to the 2019-2020 Spring Semester. In order to ensure that you, our esteemed students, continue their education completely, the courses at our University will be carried out on the platform via Microsoft Teams using Microsoft Office 365 account.
Our university has been automatically providing an e-mail account with the address “email@example.com” to every student for many years. All corporate subscription processes required for the Microsoft Office 365 platform have also been completed a long time ago and the platform is still in use on campus. In this context, our University has decided to open the Microsoft Office 365 platform for our valuable students. The e-mail address that is automatically provided to you, which you can use via Microsoft Office 365 will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Each student with a Microsoft Office 365 subscription will have the opportunity to use the new email system whose quota has been increased to 50 GB.
Our expectation from you is to log into your university account as described below in detail, and regularly check your e-mails or announcements sent to you by the University or the lecturers you take the course. Also, regularly check the online course platform Moodle “moodle.eul.edu.tr” website, which is still in use, for possible announcements.
All of our students’ new email (or Office 365) accounts are available through https://login.microsoftonline.com.
You will be able to easily access your Office 365 account by using the username “email@example.com” at “https://login.microsoftonline.com” and by typing your one-time password that you will learn through the online course platform Moodle.
You will be able to set up your Office 365 accounts as Exchange / Office365 on Windows, IOS or Android operating systems.
If you have any problems while logging into your account or installing related applications, you can contact the relevant faculty system administrator or the IT Department of our University. You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for support if you need it.
There are many advantages of using Office 365 through online lesson platform Moodle while teaching is ongoing. Some of these are:
- Your e-mail address will be 50 GB as email@example.com.
- You will have an environment where you can safely store your documents (files, pictures, videos) through your Microsoft One Drive account.
- Cloud usage right with 1 TB space on Microsoft One Drive will be provided to you. You will be able to store your files in One Drive, securely share your files with faculty lecturers, and have the chance to collaborate on files if you need them.
- While the lessons continue on the online platform, you will have the opportunity to save the lecture notes using Microsoft Teams and participate in the lessons interactively, and you will have a virtual environment where you can learn completely.
- You will have the opportunity to use Office Programs online over the web.
- With your Microsoft Office 365 account, you will have the opportunity to make video / voice calls using Skype for Business.
All the necessary information regarding the use of these educational opportunities will be announced to our esteemed students through Moodle, the web page of our university, social media and online course platform.
In these troubled days we are facing with the whole world, I want to inform you that our University will continue to provide the best educational opportunities to our students. For this purpose, I would like to express that we have mobilized all the opportunities of our university and we are still working very hard to offer you the best.
I would like you to know that the European University of Lefke will continue to provide you, our valuable students, the opportunity to continue their education with the most advanced virtual learning portals in this difficult process we all spend together.
I wish you all full of health.
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Ali YÜKSELEN
Note: We kindly request you to help us by sharing this information in your own social networks, ensuring that it is heard by all your friends.