About the Library
Our University commenced its library activities with the establishment of EUL in 1990. The library expanded parallel with the growth and development of the University. Our University constantly dedicates resources in growing the 2500 m2 building, which currently houses seating for over 903 people. There are more than 63,000 printed publications and books situated at the library as well as lots of digital books or resources available. EUL’s Ertuğrul Apakan Library is organised according to the Dewey Decimal System, subsequently improving accessibility for students.
Grup study rooms
Borrowing, Return, Time Extension Procedures:
All EUL students, academic and administrative staff are considered as members of the EUL Library.
In order to take advantages of services, users need to contact the Circulation Desk with own University ID Card and Library membership card. All users must have University ID card for the offered services (borrowing, retuning, time extension , reservation, etc.). No action will be taken on behalf of another reader. Users can make time extension for materaials via library automation system . Click to extend the borrowing period.
Interlibrary Loan System:
Interlibrary loan is the process by which a library requests material from, or supplies material to, another library. The purpose of interlibrary loan as defined by this code is to obtain, upon request of a library user, material not available in library. This service is limited for academic staff. Click for more information. Requests for Interlibrary loan; Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 17:00. (Except Public Holiday). Click for the interlibrary loan form. Click for Library Automation System
Springer Nature-Author Academy Training Module
Springer Nature’s training module “Author Academy” is now available. This training module provides all the details related to article or book writing according to Springer Nature standards. Also, it will provide various subjects from peer reviews to open access and it will give a certificate at the end of training sessions.
Training module access link: http://academy.springer.com/
You can access to detailed information about article or book writing from this link: http://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors
Web of Science
Emerald eJournals Premier
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
ProQuest Dissertation&Thesis access address https://search.proquest.com/pqdtglobal/
ProQuest Dissertation&Thesis Turkish User’s Guide https://proquest.libguides.com/pqdttr
Mendeley(Referans Yönetim Sistemi)
Nature Journals All
Palgrave Macmillan Journals
International Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Ulakbim Süreli Yayınlar Toplu Kataloğu
European University of Lefke’s free access databases have been processed and will be activated until June 01, 2023.
• Applied Science and Technology Source Ultimate: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=aps
• CINAHL Ultimate: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=cul
• eBook Academic Collection: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ehost&defaultdb=e000tww
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to make book or magazine donations to the Library?
The library accepts reading materials (books, magazines, digests etc) on the basis of collection expansion policy.
Criteria for selection of reading materials suitable for donation:
- Reading materials must be in good physical shape.
- If the material to be donated is a periodical, the person donating the materials must ensure that the subscription continues.
- The material donated must support the education provided by EUL.
Materials not suitable for donation:
- Periodicals whose publication has ceased
- Photocopied publications
- Reading materials in poor physical conditions
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
How is lending to other libraries and Inter – Library lending processed?
The EUL Library welcomes other libraries to request items via the Interlibrary Loan. The service offered by the Ertuğrul Apakan Library allows members to request borrow or acquire books or materials which cannot be found in its collection from libraries across the TRNC abroad. The service allows users to access books, materials and other information at a distance is the quickest and most comprehensive way. It is for this reason that our library attaches great importance to collaborating with other libraries abroad.
Inter – Library Loan service is provided to support academic work in areas where the library does not have sufficient books or materials. Only academic staff can benefit from this service.
Who can benefit from inter library lending?
All academic staff can use the interlibrary service.
How to benefit from the Inter-Library Service (IIL)?
All users who would like to benefit from this service must fill in an online book borrowing/article request application form or fill in the application in paper form at the check-out desk. Applications must be made between working hours. (Monday-Friday 09:00-12:00/14:00-17:00).
What to do before applying for the Inter-Library Service ?
Search for the book or article from the library catalogue to determine whether a copy exists in the library’s collection.
A scan of the material requested which is not part of the collection will be conducted by the librarian. Once found on the database, the librarian will file the request.
What are the rules applicants have to follow in inter-library service?
- All expenses are the responsibility of the requestor who makes the ILL request from European University of Lefke Library.
- All borrowers must return material or books before due date.
- The materials or books must not be photocopied.
- To pay for all damages or loss of books or documents.
- The Protocol form should be delivered to the library within 5 days of issuing.
- Members with a protocol form can borrow 3 books for a period of 1 month. Borrower is responsible for all penalties.
Which items cannot be requested through the ILL service?
- CD-ROMs and software
- Reference sources
- Audio-Visual Materials (films, cassettes, video, compact discs)
- Special collections
- All editions of magazines
- Rare collections or classics
- Books that can be borrowed for short periods of times.
How long it takes for delivery?
- Books borrowed from Turkey: Private Cargo delivery only 5-15 days
- Photocopy of articles sent from Turkey: Normal postal delivery only-15-30 days
- Books borrowed from other countries: Private Cargo delivery only 30-45 days
- Photocopy of articles sent from other countries: 15-30 days
Note: Delivery times are subject to change. Delays could be experienced due to postal services.
How are requested articles and books obtained?
Our library tries to meet the requests of other libraries in the TRNC, Turkey or Worldwide. Thesis’s, reference sources and materials belonging in the music listening section cannot be borrowed.
A maximum 3 books can be requested and borrowed at a time for a period of 1 month, by any library in the TRNC, Turkey and/or Worldwide.
All photocopies of articles requested from our library are copied for 0.50KRŞ per page. The total amount owed for the photocopies copied must be deposited at the Cyprus Science Foundation European University of Lefke’s 6806-199 numbered bank account. A bank slip received for the deposit must then be faxed to the Library Directorate.
What are the fees to lend books between libraries?
Article Request Fee :
Copy Fee + postal charges + 15% VAT
Book Request Fee:
Cargo fee (two ways) + 15% VAT
Library Rules and Regulations
1. All EUL students, academic and administrative staff are considered as members of the EUL Library.
2. Users who wish to activate their library membership must fill in the “Library Registration Form” and provide a current passoport size photo for their library cards.
3. All students are required to renew their membership for each semester.
4. Every member of the library accepts to follow the library rules.
5. Users from outside the university may use the library resources but can not become members.
1. Members must show their library cards in order to check out any items. It is not allowed for anyone to borrow any of the library materials without showing current library card.
2. It is prohibited to borrow library materials by using another member’s ID or library card.
3. EUL full-time academic staff can borrow up to 5 books and 5 bound periodicals for a period of 24 weeks (168 calendar days).
4. EUL part-time academic staff, administrative staff and students may borrow up to 3 books fo a period of 2 weeks.
5. Reference books, periodicals and theses can not be checked out.
6. Members who fail to return the borrowed library materials on the due date are not allowed to check out any other items until they return the overdue materials and pay the overdue charges.
Items on Reserve Section with the classification “A” are lent for only 24 hours and items which are classified as “B” can not be checked out at any time.
Services and Availabilities:
1. Library computers, copy machines and printers can be used with the permission of the library staff at the working hours of the library.
2. Photocopy and print out cards can be purchased from the photocopy centre.
3. Computers must be used only for research and homework purposes.
Overdue and Materials
1. Library Staff may warn the members by (e-mail, phone or letter) for the overdue materials but the responsibility belongs to the members.
2. A fine of 0.50 TL per day will be charged to library members’ accounts for every overdue material. Overdue fine will be 2 TL per day for each borrowed materials from Reserve Section.
3. In cases when the overdue materials are not returned for a month, the overdue material is considered as lost item and the lost procedure is applied and the membership of the user might be suspended for a semester. This period is 5 days for the materials from Reserve Section.
4. If a user looses a library material then the latest edition of the item has to be provided to the library or the exact amount covering the price of the material, including replacement charges, need to be paid.
5. Disciplinary actions will taken by the disciplinary committee in cases when a user causes intentional damage to library materials.
1. No food, beverage and smoking is allowed in the library.
2. Mobile phones can not be used and must be switched off in the library.
3. Users are responsible for their belongings. The library staff may not be held responsible in case of theft or lost belongings.
4. The library collection is protected by an electronic system checkpoint at the exit. No publications may be taken out of the library without permission. Legal measures will be taken against those kinds of behaviors.
5. Anyone damaging library property and materials will be subject to disciplinary measures.
6. The Library is meant to be a place for study and the noise level should be kept to a minimum.
Library Personnel have the following Rights:
To ask for the users’ ID cards to start disciplinary measures.
To confiscate or take away the overdue items.
To search users at the exit.
Library Contact Details
Postal Address: European University of Lefke
Ertuğrul Apakan Library
Lefke, Northern Cyprus TR-10 Mersin, Turkey
Fax: +90 392 660 2163
Tel: +90 392 660 2000 – 2160
Throughout the Academic Year
Monday – Friday : 08:15 – 17:00
Saturday : CLOSED
Sunday : CLOSED
During the Half-Year Break
Monday – Friday : 08:15 – 17:00
Saturday : CLOSED
Sunday : CLOSED
Monday – Friday : 08:00 – 17:00
Saturday – Sunday : CLOSED
During Exam Week
Monday-Friday : 24 Hours
Saturday-Sunday : 24 Hours will be open.