EUL mosque which has been established in 2017 is located in the south-western wing of our campus. It is the largest mosque of the Lefke region that allows 1000 people to worship at the same time. The ground floor area which is allocated for male worship is 350 m2, the congregation gathering area is 306 m2 and the allocated female area for worship is 67 m2. The mosque also includes a built-in lavatory for men and women.
The entrance is glass and covered with mesh. Its roof is dome shaped and consists of three separate sections and has an ornamental pool located outside.
EUL Multi-Faith Centre
The EUL Multi-Faith Centre has been created to help understand and support religious and spiritual pluralism with the aim of freeing the mind, body and soul from prejudisim and discrimination towards religion.
The Centre offers religious and spiritual services to all student communities of EUL in a friendly and cosy environment.
The Centre is located at the heart of the campus and has been established to build positive relationships for believers of a specific faith or religion, those who are seeking for guidance, those who prefer not to define their spirituality and those who chose not to have any religious beliefs at all.
Facilitations of the Multi-Faith Centre:
• Extending religious traditions through worship, prayers and informative platforms
• Promoting and teaching multi-faith living
• Creating togetherness, peace and harmony
• Helping fellow Students “Find Their Way”
• Sharing religious beliefs through dialogue and events
Principles of the EUL Multi-Faith Centre:
• Spirituality is a part of human nature and always has room for growth in recognizing and supporting improvement
• Religious pluralism has paramount importance in the multi-faith and multi-cultural nature of the University student community
• Learning how to respect religous beliefs and practices among students
• Strengthening communication links between students from different religions, faiths and philosophies
Events & Activities:
There are several events that take place by religious groups in various times of the year. It is a set-up for all students to help guide and even learn about other religions through various channels such as prayers, events, seminars, theatre displays etc.
Working Days & Hours/ Room Scheduling
The EUL Multi-Faith Centre is open 7 days a week between 09:00 – 21:00 hrs. Operating hours may be extended during special events. The Centre is allocated to various religious groups throughout the week. Smaller contemplation rooms are also available. These rooms can be booked by groups or individually and are available within operating hours. Please visit the Social and Cultural Activitiy Centre for space and room scheduling. All groups have a chance to use the facility equally and are encouraged to practice their religion freely on campus.