Faculty of Health Sciences
The main goal of the Faculty of Health Sciences which was established in 2009 is to become a leading faculty that has a say in the creation of health policies, that trains competent health professionals or educators that are respectful of universal and cultural values, who have a strong command of contemporary approaches and methods, that services the public as well as developing new technologies and ultimately cultivating a distinguished international reputation.
There are four distinguished courses being offered through our department; Nutrition and Dietetics, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Social Work and Health Management (English). We began offering these courses in 2011, with the purpose of training qualified individuals, which is of utmost importance in modern health services. Courses are conducted in our highly equipped laboratories, in which theoretical courses are conducted by highly qualified and tenured academics. Students can enrich their entrepreneurship and socio-cultural understandings with additional elective courses which also developing professional knowledge and skills. Our students, who are considered pioneers of their fields will be expected to be helpful to and maintain relationships between inter-university individuals, cultivating an environment of mutual respect. Students will be regarded and grown as community leaders and will indicate a high attainment of self-responsibility for ensuring effective, attentive and efficient use and protection of corporate resources. Our faculty, which is ambitious in training competent health professionals, will expand the field with the support of both strong foundational infrastructures and academics of the field. There is also constant expansion to our ever-growing Department, so students can constantly expect state of the art technology to be present in their studies
The aims of the faculty include;
– Firstly, educating health professionals who can think outside of the box, utilise resources efficiently as well as possess excellent communicative skills.
– To accommodate and provide graduates qualifications with the purpose of adding quality to health services.
– To contribute to the students’ understanding of professionalism, who strive to act as equals, in a fair environment. We aim for students to have knowledge and respect to human rights and freedom. We expect to students to be sensitive to discrimination and prejudices regarding religion, language, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability.
– To be able to provide an excellent level of education, for them to be leaders in their respective fields. Students will be taught and expected to understand the principles of transparency and protection of information during the practice of health services.
– Within the framework of lifelong learning concepts, we strive to help students to adapt to constantly updated information, contribution to the field, and to apply their knowledge at the highest level of expertise.
Choosing the distinguished departments of our University, in order to become a competent health service professional is a correct decision as well as a great honour for our faculty.