Nutrition & Dietetics
The main purpose of the programme is to provide adequate and balanced nutrition awareness in the health area, food industry and public nutrition which is applied in schools and factories. Our department aims to create qualified staff in all of these fields.
The Nutrition & Dietetics programme offers education to all male, female high school graduates who have earned sufficient points at the Turkish University Entrance Examination required by the department.
All successful graduates earn a degree in Nutrition or Dietetics or the title of Dietician. Successful graduates may also continue their academic studies, graduate or post graduate degrees in health sciences or other social sciences.
A dietician falls into the category of Health Services along with other related professions such as Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
In addition to becoming academics, graduates may find job opportunities in nursing homes for the young and elderly, private clinics dealing with mother-infant health, public health as dieticians, instructors or rehabilitation experts. In addition, dieticians may serve as consultants or experts in workplaces, schools or other institutions which offer catering to staff and students.
All graduates may become a member of the Turkish Dieticians Association established in 1969. The Association is a member of the European Dietetics Associations’ Federation.
1. Facilities offering inpatient or outpatient treatment
- Kidney diseases care units
- Diabetic Treatment and Care Units
- Metabolism diseases units
- Enteral or Parenteral Feeding Support groups
- Oncology Units
- Rehabilitation Units
- Transplant Units
- Cardiology Units
2. Public Health
- Family Health Centres
- Mother-Child Health Centres
- Weight Loss Centres
- Labourer Health Centres
- Sports Complexes or Gyms
- Nursing Homes for the Elderly
- Child Protection Services
- School Nutrition Education Programs
- Food Production and Marketing Services
- Food Control Laboratories
- International Institutions Dealing with Nutrition and Dietetics
3. Mass Catering Services
- Nursing Homes
- Food Factories
- Public Institutions
- Air Transportation Services
- Sea Transportation Services
- Railroad Transportation Services
- Health Institutions
Tel: +90 392 660 2000 – 2551
Fax: +90 392 660 2553
Postal Address: European University of Lefke
Lefke, Northern Cyprus TR-10 Mersin, Turkey