It is possible to Slow Down the Time with a Healthy Diet
Academician of European University of Lefke (EUL) Faculty of Health Sciences Department of Nutrition and Dietetics Assist. Prof. Dr. Ç. Tuba Günebak shared information about men’s health and nutrition after the age of 50. Günebak said that “Many of us know that; Health can also be affected by hormonal changes that occur in both men and women after 45-50 years of age. Scientific studies show that; It is possible to slow down time with correct and healthy eating habits” and listed some recommendations on men’s health and nutrition as;
Consumption of fruit and vegetables should be increased for vascularhealth
- One of the most important issues is vascular health. The blood circulation of the individual who has vascular health will be healthy. Therefore, consumption of saturated fatty acids should be controlled (butter, cream, etc.), cooking methods should be considered (frying should be avoided), simple sugar (cakes, cookies, table sugar, etc.) should avoid consumption and fresh vegetables and fruit consumption (highlights red pepper, orange and other citrus fruits, root ginger) should be increased. In order to maintain and improve vascular health, attention should be paid to the intake of omega-3 fatty acids. For this purpose, I recommend that you consume fish for at least one day each week, add flaxseed to your yogurt at one meal and consume 2 tablespoons of quinoa and chia seeds at one meal. Another nutrient that protects vascular health is vitamin C. The most rich foods from vitamin C are rosehip, parsley and citrus fruits. Another prominent nutrient in terms of vascular health is magnesium. Magnesium-rich foods include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts (choose one during the day and consume 2 pieces of walnuts, 6 pieces of almonds or hazelnuts), legumes, dark green leafy foods and whole grain foods. Folic acid is a very valuable nutrient for vascular health. Precious foods that can be reached in folic acid are broccoli, brussels sprouts, spinach and cabbage.
- Due to the allicin in its composition garlic is a nutrient that supports blood circulation.
- In order to prevent fatigue and mental exhaustion (anxiety), it has been suggested to pay attention to the consumption of foods rich in B vitamins. These foods are milk, yogurt, eggs, fish (preferably deep cold water fish such as salmon), dark green leafy vegetables (cress, arugula, purslane, fresh mint, spinach, etc.) and whole grain products (whole grain bread, bulgur, brown pasta etc.).
Peanuts support men’s health
- • One of the nutrients that support male health is reported to be peanuts due to the L-arginine content. L-arginine is the precursor of nitric oxide. However, consuming more than 10 times a day makes weight control difficult. One of the foods that can be consumed to reach arginine is melon. The citrulline contained in the melon supports the formation of arginine in the body.
In terms of men’s health celery is of vital importance
- Zinc is another nutrient that must be taken in order to maintain prostate health and increase testosterone levels. It is stated that oyster is a good source of zinc. Other sources of zinc are other seafood, leavened bread, walnuts and raw almonds. However, no more than 2 walnuts and 6 raw almonds and 6 oysters should be consumed for weight control. Another important nutrient is pumpkin seeds because it is a good source of zinc and supports testosterone production. It should be noted that fatty acids in its composition also have a significant effect. In terms of weight control can be consumed 1 handful every other day.
- Celery is one of the prominent vegetables for men’s health. You can consume 2 tablespoons of celery made with little amount of olive oil every day, or add it to your salad or yogurt by grating from raw.
- It has been reported that the most consumed fruit of the Aztecs in order to improve male health is avocado. The reason is vitamin B6 with monounsaturated fatty acids. You can add 125 g avocado to your salad every day.
- • Another important nutrient for males is fig. You can consume one dried fig next to your ginger tea.
- Another nutrient that can be benefited from the antioxidants and phenylethylamine is bitter chocolate. Bitter chocolate protecta against mental depression and supports vascular health due to the antioxidants. No more than 3 small squares per day should be consumed for weight control.
- Another important nutrient is asparagus. Asparagus is a source of potassium, vitamin B and folic acid.
- Blueberries are a strong antioxidant. Supports blood circulation. You can consume 5 tablespoons each day as a refreshment.