Public Relations & Advertising
Public Relations & Advertising has grown in importance in the constantly changing world of globalized communication and media, aims to train students in the field of media planning. The growing need for institutions and firms to be in interaction with individuals and the ever increasing environment of competition has allowed Public Relations & Advertising to flourish into an area of expertise.
European University of Lefke, Faculty of Communication Sciences, Public Relations and Advertising program outcomes are as follows:
1. Applying the knowledge of communication sciences, marketing, marketing communication, sociology, social psychology, economy, political sciences to the field of public relations.
2. Comprehending the importance of the basic concepts of disciplines related to the field of public relations and advertising and establishing interdisciplinary relations.
3. Being able to conduct research, measurement and evaluation processes about public relations and advertising studies.
4. Gaining technical knowledge and experience related to public relations, promotion and advertising activities for institutions and organizations operating in different sectors.
5. Possessing professional responsibility awareness by knowing the ethical rules of public relations and advertising.
6. Possessing theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the field of public relations and advertising.
7. Knowing the professional organizations in the field of public relations and advertising, and the professional terminology.
8. Having the knowledge of theory and practice related to the research, planning, implementation and evaluation processes necessary for public relations and advertising applications.
9. Being able to supervise research, plan and application processes related to public relations and advertising.
10. Being able to develop creative strategies in the fields of public relations and advertising in line with different target groups and objectives.
11. Carrying out public relations and advertising campaigns.
12. Designing written, oral and visual materials related to public relations and advertising in accordance with the Turkish Language, and using communication media and tools effectively.
13. Gaining the ability to use the English language in a way that will allow students to follow terminology, developments and communication.
14. Planning and managing corporate image, reputation management, social responsibility, crisis management.
15. Being able to conduct team works and develop professional relations.
16. Possessing a frame of mind which is solution oriented, open to change, creative, sociable and practical.
17. Following and analyzing social, cultural, political and social issues at national and international levels; using these in professional studies.
18. Knowing the rules of social behavior, good manners and protocol in occupational life and exhibiting the appropriate behaviors and developing the ability of conducting organization.
19. Having the necessary communication skills in professional life and using these skills in the working environment.
20. Putting theoretical information on public relations and advertising campaigns to practice via situation analysis of public relations process, determination of objectives, determination of target masses, determination of media planning and techniques, budgeting and evaluation stages.
Tel: +90 392 660 2000 – 2741
Fax: +90 392 660 2743
Postal Address: European University of Lefke
Lefke, Northern Cyprus TR-10 Mersin, Turkey